Sunday, October 21, 2007

Something To Believe In - Bret Michaels





Most people know who Bret Michaels is, the lead singer from Poison Rock Band, also known from the latest "Rock Of Love" .


Although I have NOT met Bret, man oh man do I want to... hint hint............I do think I was very creative in making a picture of Bret and myself, listing the picture as "A Rose Worth The Thorn". Ya Ya Ya he has a song which I love " EVERY ROSE HAS IT'S THORN" which is why I listed the picture the opposite, because somewhat like myself, Bret and I have had crash and burn relationships for various reasons..... who knows, maybe its the hair we share LOL. But I think that when people are creative inside as well as showing it on the outside some people think of you as sometimes not a real person and find you as a figure image and somehow losing the fact that there is a real person inside that figure image. Anyway..... my point here is, I know Bret is looking for love and I wish him the best of luck in finding what he is looking for, and I hope that she will love and respect him for the person and talent he has as a real person.


Growing up in the "80's" ya with the big hair and the variety of music, I fell into the Rock, Pop, Country, some Jazz and R&B and yes of course my fav - Christian music.


When I speak of Brett, he has a song that really speaks and its called,

"SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN". Lyrics......................................

Something To Believe In Will I see him on the TV Preachin' 'bout the promised land He tells me to believe in Jesus And steals the money from my hand Some say he was a good man But Lord I think he sinned, yeah Twenty-two years of mental tears Cries a suicidal Vietnam vet Who fought a losing war on a foreign shore To find his country didn't want him back Their bullets took his best friend in Saigon Our lawyers took his wife and kids, no regrets In a time I don't remember In a war he can't forget He cried "Forgive me for what I've done there Cause I never meant the things I did" Chorus: And give me something to believe in If there's a Lord above And give me something to believe in Oh, Lord arise My best friend died a lonely man In some Palm Springs hotel room I got the call last Christmas Eve And they told me the news I tried all night not to break down and cry As the tears rolled down my face I felt so cold and empty Like a lost soul out of place And the mirror, mirror on the wall Sees my smile it fades again

Chorus

Sometimes I wish to God I didn't know now The things I didn't know then Road you gotta take me home Solo I drive by the homeless sleeping on a cold dark street Like bodies in an open grave Underneath the broken old neon sign That used to read Jesus Saves A mile away live the rich folks And I see how they're living it up While the poor they eat from hand to mouth The rich is drinkin' from a golden cup And it just makes me wonder Why so many lose, so few win Chorus You take the high road And I'll take the low road Sometimes I wish to God I didn't know now The things I didn't know then And give me something to believe in........................................


There are times in our lives that ya, we wish we didn't know some things and regret others and its hard to erase it from our memory and maybe we're not suppose to. Thank God we can seek His forgiveness, I've often wondered if He ever gets tired of my yappin to Him. And I hope you know that you can tap into God's line of communication anytime, if you don't, read my page and see for yourself here at http://www.anitawicker.com/heavenorhell.htm . Ya there is a true and living God so get over it if you're not a believer and yep, there is the devil of which will stay on your heels if you don't ask God to intervene. As human we all make mistakes and God knows we're gonna do it before we do. But anyway, I hope you have somthing to believe in that keeps you going and if you dont, find it and find it now, not tomorrow. We all need to be grounded in somthing to believe in which brings me to this song that I've really enjoyed and touched by many things in it.


Listen to the song if you get a chance, and visit Bret on his official website. http://www.bretmichaels.com/ as well as searching other sites of his. I hope you also enjoy looking at my site and my pages as well. http://www.anitawicker.com/ .


Have a great week.